Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Welcome to my practice journal

It's here I will try to keep a record of my practice sessions, both to motivate and inform. 

Inspiration

I was inspired to play music by friends I've made over the last few years. One plays drums, another bass, another saxophone and one guitar. They've not all met and have never played together, but it was hard to miss this common trait among them. I never played music except for about a year of guitar lessons as a kid in grade school and never considered myself a musician.

My First and Second Keyboard

In 2021, still in the middle of the Covid-life era, I borrowed an acoustic guitar to see if I could pick it up again. I found my fingers couldn't really managed a stringed instrument. I was learning music theory but finding it difficult to apply to a fretboard. 

In February of 2022, I decided to switch to a piano and ordered a keyboard online.  I purchased a Yamaha P-45 Keyboard from Sweetwater. Just a few months later, I ordered a Yamaha DGX-670 keyboard arranger, hoping to find the copious voicings, styles and accompaniments useful in my practice. 

A friend is interested in the P-45 but for now I have two keyboards - one upstairs and one downstairs, making practice at least convenient - lol.

More in the next post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.